The Testing Coordinator analyzes data and works with the schools’ administration and faculty in understanding assessment data in order to generate effective responses to the school/students’ needs. Essential components to the position are the possession of substantive organizational skills and the ability to oversee/supervise the effective implementation of required state and county and district assessments. This individual must be able to provide training to school staff in using formative assessments to enhance and engage student learning as well as facilitate the administration of state mandated assessments. Additionally, the Testing Coordinator will certify ethical testing practice within the school building.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to the following)
- Making meaning of multiple data sources in support of the data driven decision-making efforts of school leadership;
- Monitoring student achievement through the use of quarterly milestone and other formative data;
- Interpreting test results and provide written interpretation and analysis for school and individual teacher use;
- Analyzing county and district assessments
- Analyzing data to assist in the development of school improvement plans;
- Generating graphic visualizations of data in efforts to assist school leaders in making information meaningful and actionable;
- Managing the implementation and certification of required state and county testing;
- Organizing, managing, and implementing all standardized testing within the building,
- including training of staff, maintaining accurate and complete records, coordinating distribution and collection of secure test materials, administering tests in accordance with the established test calendar, providing and completing all test documents to the Department of Testing by established deadlines;
- Certifying as to the ethical testing practice within the school building and providing training to staff on ethical testing, test security, and data reporting procedures
- Providing teachers and instructional support staff with assistance in developing and using local assessments to better align instruction to student needs;
- May perform teacher responsibilities and duties;
- Planning and conducting staff development activities that focus on the use of data and assessment to enhance learning and collaborative instructional planning;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Science or closely related field.
- Possess Florida Teaching Certificate.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to organize, interpret and present statistical data to users in a manner appropriate to users’ skill set and needs;
- Experience in a leadership position
- Five years of teaching experience, or equivalent experience with leading teams, interpreting and presenting data to teams, etc.;
- Experience in workshop presentations;
- Training in Data-driven Instruction;
- Ability to work in a team relationship with other school-based professionals;
- Successful experience providing training to personnel;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to create informative visualizations of data to support school staff with evaluation and planning efforts;
- Extensive knowledge of basic software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and email)
The work environment is in school site settings.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
How much daily/weekly on-the-job time is spent on the following physical activities?
AMOUNT OF TIME: (Under 1/3, Up To 2/3, Over 2/3)
Stand: up to 2/3
Walk: up to 2/3
Sit: under 1/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel: over 2/3
Reach with hands and arms: over 2/3
Climb or balance: under 1/3
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl: up to 2/3
Talk or hear: over 2/3
Taste or smell: under 1/3
The position shall receive the same health benefits as other full-time employees of the school.