School Facilities Supervisor
To work proactively under the direction of the Facilities Director to ensure the buildings and grounds are maintained to a high standard in order to support the teaching and learning within Global Outreach Schools. This is a supervisory role and it includes oversight of 4 school campuses focusing on day-to-day facility operations.
STARTING Starting at $50,000 DOE
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include, but not limited to the following):
- Oversees day to day school facilities operations to make sure that the school is functioning at its best.
- Oversees the compliance of safety procedures
- Monitor staff daily attendance, monitor clock ins failures (direct reports)
- Monitors staff work schedule
- Obtains and provides quotes for major repairs to the Facilties Director
- Ensures proper maintenance of facilities and coordinate repairs and remodeling when necessary
- Monitors and ensures completion of all contracted maintenance services
- Oversees summer repairs projects and provides a plan to the principal in advance
- Oversees the work performed by the groundskeeper, maintenance and custodians
- Determines and provides recommendation on whether the service can be done in house or has to be contracted out
- Coordinates and assist custodians, groundskeeper, maintenance, in in-house repairs
The position shall receive the same health benefits as other full-time employees of the school.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO):
The position shall be required to follow a (twelve) 12-month work schedule.
The position shall be granted eight accrued (8) PTO days and ten (10) vacation days annually. Calculated and prorated on an annualized basis upon approval by the Board.
- High School Diploma (Required)
- Valid US drivers license (Required)
- US Work Authorization (Required)
- Degree in related field, or relevant job experience, preferrably in school facility management.
- Recognised training/qualifications associated with caretaking/DIY activities desirable (e.g. C&G Certificate in Caretaking Maintenance, Electrical Testing Level 1).
- Knowledge of basic site maintenance and good practice in building services, i.e. heating, plumbing, carpentry, electrical etc.
- Knowledge of MS Office or Google systems.
TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to plan and prioritise a range of regular and irregular tasks, and ability to analyse tasks and how they may best be achieved.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks, i.e. lifting, climbing and moving of items.
- Ability to perform different maintenance tasks required.
- Able to work as part of a team; be adaptable and supportive of colleagues.
- Ability to problem solve and create new systems and workflows for problems that arise.
- Ability to create, implement, and follow through on custodial and maintenance training processes and procedures.
- Ability to organize and oversee the legal compliance of several different school facilities.
- Experience pertaining to the management and upkeep of school facilities. (preferred)
- Experience in building maintenance work
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of driving minivan up to 17 seats (desirable)
- The work environment is inside and outside the school site settings.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.