GOCA Stands Out
We are privileged to have you consider Global Outreach Charter Academy as the potential educational solution for your child. This year, our school is celebrating its 10th anniversary, which is marked with impressive accomplishments and remarkable experiences that we have been able to create for our students. Our administration team is working hard to truly deliver on our promise and prepare students for global opportunities in leadership positions. To that end, GOCA team has created a plethora of unique programs, such as world travel, foreign exchange, global visitors program, and more.
As part of our mission, GOCA students have a unique opportunity to study Russian language, which has been designated as one of the most critically important languages for the U.S. national security (American Councils for International Education, 2016). As a result, the College Board added Russian to the advanced placement (AP) exam offerings, which opens an array of promising professional opportunities to our graduates. Students may choose to earn a highly prestigious Seal of Biliteracy designation during their high school years (to open in August 2020).
In addition to rich and exciting academic and cultural programs, security and wellbeing remain our outmost priorities. All GOCA campuses are fully equipped with top-notch security technology. We ensure that each staff member is professionally trained on all safety procedures and preventative measures.
Wellbeing of our students is manifested through physical, mental, and social positive environment. After-school enrichment programs are offered to qualified families. As part of our 21st CCLC program, students not only reinforce their academic skills in the most fun and exciting ways, but all participants have a unique opportunity to try themselves as engineers, fashion designers, journalists, and chefs. We hire passionate and highly professional Zumba instructors, water safety instructors, Jacksonville artists, and other professionals to share their passions and explore unique talents of our students!
The unique programs of Global Outreach Charter Academy are so numerous, that it would be impossible to fit them all in one page. Instead, we would love to meet you in person and provide you with a personal tour. You can schedule a personal tour by clicking Schedule a Tour button.
We look forward to have your family join our loving and supportive GOCA Community!
In March 2018, GOCA has been granted its re-accreditation status by the AdvancED Accreditation Review Committee. All members of the faculty, administration, and staff worked hard to prepare the evidence needed to demonstrate that GOCA‘s strong leadership, excelling curriculum, advanced instructions and practices, diversity of resources and facilities qualify to receive the distinction of AdvancED/SACS accreditation.
Global Outreach Charter Academy is the first charter school in Duval County specializing in foreign languages.
GOCA emphasizes the study of difficult foreign languages at an early stage. Children who study foreign languages have been shown to have an increased cognitive advantage over their monolingual peers throughout their lives.
Students who acquire a second or third language early in their lives usually outperform their peers in all subject areas, including math, science, logic, art, and reading. The attention to detail necessary for making distinctions between the sounds and shapes of different languages also translates into better concentration and creativity skills.
All GOCA students are inspired to acquire a global vision to succeed in an ever changing world. GOCA students gain a greater global perspective through the broad selection of courses, the presence of students from around the world, along with the opportunities to participate in international programs such as:
* Foreign Exchange Student Program
* International Field Trips
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE GOCA
- Tuition Free Public Charter School
- Foreign Language Program K-8
- Early High School Program
- Foreign Exchange Student Program
- International Field Trips
- Efficient Class Sizes
- After School Clubs & Activities
- Extended Day Programs
- SACS-CASI Accreditation
- Advanced Technology Classrooms
“One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”
Challenging. Engaging. Joyful.
At Global Outreach Charter Academy, our innovative teachers provide high standards and a challenging academic program. To help students meet the challenges, GOCA keeps the classroom engaging and student-centered. The academic journey is full of joy with happy and engaged students.
A Challenging Academic Program:
- Our students write publishable articles, poems, fiction, newspaper stories and research papers using the Depth of Knowledge and Bloom’s Taxonomy techniques.
- Students are exposed to challenging lessons through the use of laptop computers on a cart and in the computer lab.
- And they excel in a variety of sports teams, including basketball, track and soccer.
An Engaging Classroom:
- Students collaborate efficiently through small group settings where they are exposed to intense exploration and self- expression.
- Instruction at GOCA focuses on the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills, innovation, and teamwork.
- Students are exposed to project based learning starting from Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
A Joyful Environment:
- We inspire students to trust: the teacher-student relationship is the heart of GOCA community.
- Our students connect and make friendships that last a lifetime.
- They play: We inspire our students to experience the challenges and joys of athletic competition as part of their learning experience.
“Good schools, like good societies and good families, celebrate and cherish diversity.”
Global Outreach Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability or marital status in its educational programs, services or activities, or in its hiring or employment practices.
Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding discrimination or harassment may be sent to:
Name/Title: HR Department
Office Address: 1252 Fromage Way, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Phone Number (Voice/TDD): 904 551 7104
GOCA MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Global Outreach Charter Academy is to deliver a first-class academic program that offers a unique foreign language and multicultural curriculum, empowering students to be global leaders of tomorrow.
Global Outreach Charter Academy values knowledge sharing in a positive and respectful environment. Our values are designed around four pillars:
- Student academic success, using individualized instruction based on the Common Core and Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
- Global awareness and foreign language literacy through real-world applications that develops cognitive skills, positive discipline and collaborative learning.
- A highly qualified teaching staff who exemplifies compassion, dedication, and a commitment to shaping the lives of students and creating lifelong learners.
- Empowering parents and the community to be full partners in the academic success of all students.
I AM A GOCA GRIZZLY.
I WILL LEAD NOT FOLLOW.
I WILL BELIEVE NOT DOUBT.
I WILL CREATE NOT DESTROY.
I AM A FORCE FOR GOOD.
I WILL DEFY THE ODDS.
I WILL SET A NEW STANDARD.
I WILL STEP UP.
I AM WHAT I CHOOSE TO BE.
AND EVERY DAY,
IN EVERY WAY,
I GET BETTER AND BETTER.
GOCA’s HIGH FIVES